Friday, October 15, 2010

YouTube Friday!

I LOVE Fridays!  Not only is the end of the week, but time to share another fun YouTube video!  (well, it's fun for me, I hope it is for all of you!!)

I'm a HUGE fan of musicals.  The singing, dancing, what's not to love?!?  I grew up watching musicals, assisting my mom as her "page turner" while she played the piano for the local theatre company.  It's through this experience with my mom that we come to one of my favorite musicals:  Guys and Dolls.  One summer, mom was asked to play the piano for this production and that's how I was introduced to it....and I fell in love with it!  And when I saw the movie, I loved it even more.  Who can resist the charm and voice of Frank Sinatra?!?

Here's a brief summary for those of you who aren't familiar with Guys and Dolls:

"Desperate to find money to pay for his floating crap game, Nathan Detroit bets Sky Masterson a thousand dollars that Sky will not be able to take a local Salvation Army girl, Sarah Brown, to Cuba. While Sky eventually is able to convince Sarah to join him, Nathan battles with his fiancé of fourteen years, Adelaide. Meanwhile in Cuba, Sky ends up falling in love with Sarah and tries to reform his gambling ways. When he returns back to New York, he bets all the members of the floating crap game that if he wins his roll of the dice, they will all have to go to church and repent. If he loses, he will give them each a thousand dollars. He ends up winning and all the gamblers end up visiting the mission and repenting their sins."

License:
Music Theatre International (MTI)

There are so many songs from this musical to share, but I'm going to share one of my favorite songs:  "Sue Me".  Nathan Detroit (Frank Sinatra) is off to a prayer meeting at the mission since he lost the bet with Sky Masterson.  Adelaide is waiting for him so they can get married, as he's promised her they will finally "tie the knot" that day.

video


Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...