Friday, October 29, 2010

Day Twenty-One: My Favorite Sport

My favorite sport became that way for a really stupid reason!

Back in the spring of 1995 I was watching TV one weekend and stumbled upon an Atlanta Braves baseball game on TBS.  I usually didn't watch baseball, but something about this game caught my eye immediately.  I thought a lot of the guys were really good looking and decided to watch the game.  Besides being really good looking, they played really well....I was completely hooked.  (Hey, I was 16, I told you it was a stupid reason!)

Chipper Jones

David Justice

Tom Glavine

I spent the remainder of the baseball season glued to my TV.  TBS broadcast the majority of the games, so it was easy to become a devoted fan.  I learned all about the sport simply by watching it;  all the termonology  (sp?), how to play the game, etc.

1995 was a great year for the Braves because not only did they make it to the World Series, but they won!  It was a great year to be introduced to baseball.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...