Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day Two: My Favorite Movie

Day two is also an easy one to answer.  If you know me, you can probably answer this for me. 

The music, the humor, the characters, the story;  my favorite movie is:
Star Wars

Now, I'm not talking about the prequels that show the story of how Darth Vader came to be....those are HORRIBLE.  (with the exception of the AMAZING fight sequence between Obi-wan Kenobi and Anakin at the end of Revenge of the Sith)  I'm also not talking about the Special Edition versions of Star Wars that George Lucas released in theatres in 1997.  He added so many elements to some of the movies, (yes Jabba the Hutt, I'm talking about your appearance in A New Hope!) and most were really dumb! 

I'm talking about the good ole' original versions of A New Hope, The Empires Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi.

I don't know why I love these movies so much, I just do.  In the early 90s books began being published providing new stories about what happened to these famous characters after Return of the Jedi was over.  I became completely hooked on them and they're probably a reason why my obsession grew.     

But I love these movies because of the story.  Good vs. Evil, love, friendship, etc.  I see parallels between Star Wars and being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  The concept of the "Force" reminds me a lot of the Holy Ghost, and let's face it:  Darth Vader and the Emperor are like Satan's right hand man and Satan himself!

If I were asked what my favorite part of these three movies are, I don't know if I could pick just one.  So, here are a few:


Be still my beating heart!  And the coolest part is that Harrison Ford came up with that line himself!

Two minutes in is where my favorite part begins.  Among other things, the music completely sells this scene for me, it is amazing!


And finally, a tribute I found to Star Wars.  For those of you who are still paying attention, this video is pretty cool!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...