Saturday, February 26, 2011

Grandma Loves Brandon

A few days ago, my mom did something really awesome for Brandon.  She sent an email and picture to Ernie Haase and Signature Sound telling them all about Brandon and his love for their music.


Below is the email she sent:

I have a grandson who at Christmas time was 3 ¾ old. Brandon (my grandson) had lived with me since he was 11 months old until his mommy and daddy remarried when he was 3.  When asked what he wanted for Christmas the only thing he wanted was “Boundless Love”.  No matter how many times I asked him what he wanted Santa to bring him the same answer came, “Boundless Love”.  So I (Santa) ordered the DVD and CD and thankfully it arrived just in time for Christmas.  He was so excited when he opened the DVD.  He LOVES EH&SS. He has listened to your group for years (thanks to grandma).

I was going to bring him with me to the concert in Stockton in September but they just moved to Utah.  You don’t go to Utah so he probably won’t ever see you in person but he loves your group.  I just wanted to share this with you.  It made me smile.  There is a picture attached.

God Bless all of you for the wonderful messages you share with us.  In 2005 you came into my life at one of the lowest points of my life.  I was going through a very difficult and stressful health issue that year but all is well now.  I accidently turned the TV to a channel that I didn’t want to see and there you were.  The caption said it was a basketball game, cute.  But it was the last 10 minutes of one of your concerts.  I have been in love ever since and your words and music have brought so much comfort into my life and obviously the life of my sweet grandson who I miss so much.  Thanks to all of you.  See you in Stockton in September.


Joyce
One of your biggest fans!!



Within hours, mom received a response from Ernie's assistant:

Awe Joyce this is so sweet.  What 3 year old would request this dvd?  We would love to send him an autograph picture if you could please send us his address.

How great God works in our lives.  When you thought you were turning to a basketball game, you got EHSS instead during this difficult time in your life.  All in God's own time.  Praise The Lord.

I will print this email off and put on Ernie's desk to read next time he is in the office.

God Bless
Anne / SSQoffice
Assistant To EHSS


Is this not the sweetest thing?!?  Most of their fans are much older people, so having a 3 year old who loves them is something special.  I can't wait for the group to see that email, and for Brandon to get his autographed picture!  Too cool.

To further mom's point about Brandon's love for EH&SS, here's a video I made yesterday of him singing....simply hilarious!  Two minutes into it he really gets going!  This is the song Step Into The Water, from the DVD he got from Santa.


video

And for Grandma, and anyone else who cares, here are two more performances, Boundless Love and Swinging On The Golden Gate.  Brandon was in a performing mood yesterday!  Unfortunately they aren't long performances because my camera sucks the juice out of my batteries so quickly it's ridiculous!

video


video


1 comment:

  1. OMGosh, a grandkid after my own heart. I think EH&SS would just adore this. Thank you for getting this on tape. I hope I can figure out how to get it to them throught their email. They will smile. Love you all. Grandma.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...