10 Reasons Why Valentine's Day Is A Stupid Holiday
Yes, my blog might be decorated for Valentine's day, but it's not one of my faves. It's not really a holiday either since the mail still comes and most people have to work. (However, this year the school district I work for has the day off....awesome!) Anyway.....
1. All the good restaurants are booked way in advance
2. Buying cards is one of the most boring, long processes on the planet
3. Yet another reason to eat chocolate and get fat
4. I HATE those little heart candies, they taste horrible and have the dumbest sayings on them!
5. If you have children in school, you have to buy valentines for all their classmates and usually write the message yourself! If you have no money, this is even more of a pain in the butt!
6. There’s always that girl in the office or at school who gets flowers from her boyfriend/husband, making the rest of the women envious
7. What is this day celebrating? Love? Shouldn’t we celebrate love every day? Do people even know how this holiday started? I doubt many people know what kind of torture St. Valentine went through. Click here to read the story.
8. There’s too much pressure to do something or buy something for this day
9. It sucks if you don't have the money to do or buy something for the one you love
10. It's so cliche to get engaged or married on Valentine's day!!