Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ten On Tuesday

Photobucket

10 Favorite Singers and Bands

At first glance I thought this was going to be a difficult list to make.  However, going through my music collection, it became very clear to me who my favorite singers and bands are. 


Rascal Flatts


I was first introduced to this group while at college in Idaho.  Up until that point in life, I HATED country music.  Rascal Flatts emerged right as country music was becoming popular again.  Along with people like Faith Hill, Rascal Flatts gave country music a different, more up to date sound, and I fell in love!!  The following song is one of my favorites, Stand.



Barry Manilow


Growing up, I unknowingly listened to Barry Manilow whenever I got into the car with my mom.  It wasn't until much later in life that I discovered that I really enjoyed his music.  The following clip is a medley he does with himself, using video footage from the 1970s.  The songs are Mandy and Could It Be Magic?  I LOVE this arrangement!!  The piano, how he blends the songs with his younger self;  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!



NKOTB


What can I say about the group I fell in love with in grade school?  Posters all over my walls, buttons on my clothes, their music always playing, I was in LOVE with New Kids on the Block!  I was so excited in 2008 when I heard they were reuniting...and even more excited when I found out I wasn't the only one who missed them!  The following song is Click, Click, Click, found on their reunion album.


And just because I love these five guys so much, a live version of Step By Step!!!




The Beatles

Where my mom listened to Barry Manilow, my father always played music from the 1960s whenever I was in the car.  I HATED that music with a passion, until one day I heard the Beatles; then I was hooked.  I now LOVE music from the 1960s!!  The following clip is the song In My Life.



Ernie Haase and Signature Sound


My mom found this group quite a few years ago.  I wasn't really interested in them until one day she played me the following song, Until We Fly Away.  I fell in love with this song, and have loved them ever since.



Jordan Knight


My favorite member of the New Kids on the Block, Jordan Knight came out with his debut solo album in 1999.  It is an AMAZING album.  The following song is my favorite, When You're Lonely.  He has the smoothest voice, and when the song reaches its climax at 3:10, HOLY COW, I love it every time!



Paul McCartney


My favorite member of The Beatles, I discovered Paul McCartney the solo artist back in 1992 when the album Off The Ground was released.  While other people were completely into Grunge, I was loving Paul McCartney.  I don't think there's a song I don't like on this album.  The following is The Lover's That Never Were.  I love the piano, and the melody is awesome.



John Williams


Okay, so he doesn't sing, but he conducts orchestras and is one of the most famous composers of our day.  And since my music collection contains a TON of music by him, I'm putting John Williams on this list!  Jaws, Star Wars, E.T., Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Schindler's List, Harry Potter, the list goes on and on.  I chose a clip from the movie Jurassic Park.  Not only was it one of my favorite movies during the 1990s, but the music is beautiful.



Bryan Adams


Another part of my youth was Bryan Adams.  Everything I Do (I Do It For You) is the song that introduced me to him, but I quickly discovered that he'd been around for quite a while and fell in love with his music.  He's written songs for an entire movie, Spirit, and every song is INCREDIBLE!  I almost put all of them here, but figured that would be overkill.  The following song is called I'm Ready.  Don't like him much with long hair, but oh my goodness, this song is BEAUTIFUL!



Madonna


Finally, we have Madge.  Most people like her music from the 1980s and early 1990s.  I love that era of Madonna as well, but the album I enjoy the most is 1998s Ray Of Light.  She had just given birth, and this album is simply wonderful.  There were five or six songs that I wanted to use, and chose The Power of Good-bye.  It's a strange video, but the words are so powerful.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...